Simple Game Day Foods that are sure to be a hit!
When you’re hosting on game day, you need a game plan. The key to a successful event is to make sure it’s easy. You want food that is easy for your friends to eat one-handed. Check out these super simple Appetizer & Dip recipes that are sure to be a Hit! Game On.
- Mini Tacos – Get the “scoop” chips as the base for this finger food. Offer shredded cheese, taco beef, salsa and other toppings to complete this mini taco.
- Meatballs – You can make them old school with beef or make them with turkey for a healthier treat. Either way, you can’t go wrong! Throw them in the crock pot with your favorite marinade for an added taste.
- Deviled Eggs – Mix the yolk of the egg with mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and you’ve got an easy-to-make, easy-to-serve favorite. If you’re really creative, dye the egg white part the same color as your favorite team’s uniform.
- Walking Tacos – This dish is a fun take on tacos, but more kid-friendly! Fill small corn chip bags (Or Doritos bags) with your favorite taco recipe (you can even crush the chips to better mix with the taco ingredients). Provide spoons, cheese and other toppings.
- Potatoe Skins – Most people like these loaded with all the good stuff! Slice the potatoes, bake, then add cheese, bacon and jalapeños. Offer up some sour cream for dipping.
- Burgers & Hotdogs- It’s about as traditional as it gets — old school hamburgers and hotdogs. Make sure to have all the basic toppings — cheese for the burgers, ketchup, mustard and relish.
- Chicken Wings- Whether you go the barbecue route, the spicy route or get creative with your lemon mesquite flavor, everyone loves these fan favorites.
- Chicken & Waffle Bites- The bite-size version of everyone’s favorite odd couple is perfect for tailgating.
- Pinwheels- You’re basically making a wrap filled with your favorite meat and cheese. Cut into slices and serve!
- Seven- Layer Dip- Refried beans, Your favorite Taco seasoned meat, Guacamole, Lettuce, cheese, Sliced Black Olives & Diced Green onions.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip- This mix of chicken, blue cheese dressing, wing sauce and the cheeses of your choice makes for a great dipping option.
- Cupcakes- Go the easy route and buy some vanilla-topped cupcakes at the bakery. Then use colored sprinkles to decorate in your team colors and show your spirit.
- Rice Krispy Treats- Have the kids help you make this gooey treat and drizzle some chocolate in the shape of a football for an extra sweet touch.
Whether your Favorite team Wins or Loses on Game day. One things for sure, is your Event will be a winner with these super easy to make and yummy Game Day recipes!
Goal!!!! Wait……I mean Home Run!!!! Oh goodness……I mean TOUCHDOWN!!! Yeah, that’s the one!!!! ( I’m only half kidding)