Enchiladas is a dish I’ve ALWAYS wanted to make. I always thought they were too hard or wouldn’t taste the way I wanted them to because there are some good authentic Spanish/Mexican restaurants around the Tampa Bay Area.
I finally found a recipe that HITS THE SPOT + we love it 👌🏼 Plus, I sub ground turkey for beef, so it’s *healthy*😬🤭 it also has no artificial colors, flavors or ingredients.
To me, this is the red sauce recipe I’ve been looking for. Combined with cholula + Tabasco chipotle hot sauces and the spices I use: totally is the real deal ✔️
I actually used some ingredients left over from my Simple Sloppy Joes 🤘🏼again, these ingredients you might have on hand. Check out the directions at the bottom of the post. You can use black beans, pinto beans, refried beans or whatever you like! You can also substitute for peppers; use whatever you have on hand.
Let me know how you guys like it, k?!
I forgot to take a picture of the rolling process 🤦🏽♀️ cus it was my first time making these and I was focused 🧐 then forgot to take a picture of the final product cus we were hungry and dug right in 🍴FYI, my favorite hot sauces are cholula + Tabasco chipotle 🌶🥫🔥
- Flour tortillas
- El Paso enchilada sauce
- Hot sauce
- Ground turkey/ground beef
- Green bell pepper
- Cumin powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Oregano 🌿
- Chipotle powder
- Cayenne powder
- Coriander powder
- Chili powder
- Black or refried beans
- Cheddar cheese 🧀
- Green chilies
Directions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop vegetables
- Brown meat with all seasonings + Worcestershire sauce. Drain set aside.
- Soften veggies in same pan, maybe add a little more oil
- Add back in the meat, enchilada sauce + black beans bring to boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Now assemble: tortilla, layer of cheese, meat/bean mixture. Roll & place seam side down on buttered 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce + cheddar cheese
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown, melty-ooh gooey 😋🧀
Or you can view more foodie blog posts at https://lisathegourmetfoodiemama.wordpress.com.
Thanks for the ❤