This is a meal you can round up with the ingredients you already have on hand and have it on the table from start to finish in 30 minutes.
I used the cornbread recipe on the back of the packaging for the cornmeal, and buttered a cast iron skillet (my fav 👌🏼) super easy! You could totally add some pickled jalapenos and cheddar cheese flavor for cornbread, mmm!
This is a really quick dinner and it’s homemade and healthy! Not to mention it’s totally a reasonable amount of time to whip up a hearty meal for ANY season.
I top mine with a few sprinkles of sharp cheddar cheese, red onion, and more hot sauce 😋
- Ground turkey instead of beef
- Can of tomatoes
- Can of chili beans (could use black beans or any kind you like)
- Hot sauce( I use cholula and chipotle Tabasco)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Brown turkey in skillet, season with salt and pepper and coat the turkey with Worcestershire sauce, cook halfway through, drain and set aside
- Put in chopped vegetables until soft
- Add in can of tomatoes and can of beans
- add hot sauces
- Add spices
- Add back in the turkey
- Let it simmer for the turkey to cook fully along with the cornbread in the oven 😊
I hope you guys enjoy!
If you would like to follow the natural modern mama on facebook, click HERE
or for other recipes and blog post visit: https://lisathegourmetfoodiemama.wordpress.com/