Have you ever wondered who the faces behind Everyday Moms are?
One of those is Jessica Cook and she is one of the two founders for this amazing group, Everyday Moms(EM).
Jessica is a mom to 3 beautiful children. She is very involved in her community and always helping at her children’s schools. She is passionate about her kids, loves to read and watch movies, drink wine and surround herself with her Mom Squad. She calls herself a professional procrastinator, but functions better with multiple tasks at one given time. She loves food and trying new restaurants. She could eat dessert for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Couldn’t we all 🙂 Those who know her, know that she is very outgoing and always the life of the party. But surprisingly, she does not do well in crowds or public places.
So, why did she start Everyday Moms…
Jessica started Everyday Moms in March of 2016. She created this wonderful group as a platform for women(moms) to have a voice. She wanted a community where moms could get advice, referrals, support, and to see that they are not alone when they are going through a difficult time in motherhood. She wanted to meet new moms in her community and for others to do the same. After EM grew over night, it started to become more about giving back to the community by supporting local business (EM has a small business Saturday) and non profits in the area. Never did Jessica think that in just over a year EM would grow from over 3000 members to over 5000 in 2 short years. She is excited to see what the future holds for EM and our moms.
10 Q & A with Jessica:
1. What skill would you like to master?
- Not sure if it’s a skill, but Sign Language.
- Too many to list off! But since you’re twisting my arm….Dirty Dancing, Any of the Twilight Movies, Pretty Woman, Sweet Home Alabama just to name a few.
- Laying on the couch binge watching Netflix. 😂 Or…..taking the boat out on the water.
- Goodness. I read 5 books a week, at least! Way to many to name! To say I’m a book lover is an understatement! But I could read the Harrry Potter Series over and over!
- – Anyone who chewed their food loudly would be banished from the Island.
- -Everyone would have to settle their differences with a dance battle.
- – And everyone would have to live as though they were in a daily Musical.
- French fries dipped in Vanilla Ice Cream (Mainly Wendy’s fries dipped in Frosty), Eggs, bacon and ketchup mixed together on a plate and I eat it not with a fork but scoop it with a slice of toast.
- Liam Nieson
- Ummm…..Stalking my children at whatever college they decided to run off too. Haha Only partly kidding. Hopefully opening up a cheerleading/dance studio for children with special needs. Physical and mental disabilities.
Ten things you do not know about Jessica:
Hope you enjoyed getting to know one of our amazing founders, stay tuned for your next installment about Taylor Vincent!
Written By: Shineta A.